Sunday, September 11, 2011

College tearing away from your normal life

When I decided to first attend college, I didn't forsee any problems with keeping in contact with family or friends but here it came around to the time where I thought I could keep in contact with everyone but no one is around. My family owns a business so they are always busy and never really have time to call or communicate. I often times try to call, and when a response comes through to let me know that they are there I am often quickly reminded that they are busy and need to get back to work. The friends I have known since I was 5 years old are quickly fading and often no responses to any questions or concerns. Many of them did not go to college and could careless about the situation. The second week of the semester just happened to be my birthday, like most years I thought I would have dinner with my family and spend time with them. However, this did not occur I had work to do and they were busy as well so instead of a nice family dinner it was cut short to a text message and a we will have to catch up later. When I head back home to visit all my animals are ready to play and more entergetic than I could have ever imagined. My family and friends are country and I have always been out on the farm or ranch. So moving to even outskirts town, was still a good cultural change. I went from having at least 50 acres to having maybe 50 sq ft. Many of my friends don't want to come and visit because we are used to having fun in the pasture, yet here there is land around the school it is by far not the same. Having this type of cultural change has changed my life by far already. This experience has already taught me to be more social and go out and experience new things with new people. I have so far gotten along fairly well with the new situation. I would suggest for anyone heading into the college life to expect little to no contact with previous aquantinces but reather be open to having new experiences and people. I learned that we are all in the same perdicament here on the campus and learning to spend time with new people is the best thing for you. I have learned in already 3 short weeks that for you to move on you must be willing to experience everything as a new child and with excitment. When you lose contact with those that you were used to coresponding with, you quickly learn the ones who really mattered and which people led you to a good path of life and the ones you can do without.

leaderslab.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment