Thursday, September 15, 2011

Simple concepts on College Level

I never really thought that drawing kittens and unscrambling words would become a subject talked about in my college class. I was really suprised that those two concepts could be related to a serious topic and turned into an assignment. I never really realized that the opportunity cost of product can be related to just about anything. I like the fact that my professors try to relate these concepts to show us that it relates to the real world in many ways. I think it is important for me to see these concepts in this way so that I am better able to understand them. When I first recieved the packet handed out by my professor I felt like I was back in Pre K finishing an assignment on making all the faces look alike. This activity was then followed by unscrambling words related to the class. At first you think wow this is so lame I can't believe that I am actually wasting my time doing this, however by the time the real reason for doing these activities come into reasoning you are then asking yourself how something so simple can be so large of a concept when related to the objective at hand. Kittens and Words help you realize which one you are better at, after recognizing this you know which one you could efficently produce so that you are optimizing your outputs. When these results of my activities were brought to my knowledge through this view , I was literaly blown away. Being at a Private University I am happy that I have  a professor that takes the time to really put us actively into the class and have us take in the information.When I am sitting in class I think when I get an example of how to take in the information I will not stop there but rather make my own examples. I probably haven't got in that great of a habbit of automatically thouroughly glancing at the concepts. This simple task was a true eye opener of what I know and what I think I know. Im sure in the future I will continue to be mislead about what I know but hopefully I will look back and think about Kittens and go over what I thought one more time.  All my professors have been rambling on saying that I need to utalize my knowledge and take it into the world with me. At first I thought to myself, well I am already doing that. Although I thought I already was showing this concept of truly showing my knowledge, through this exercise I found out I really didn't apply it to all what I could have.

factsnotfantasy.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment