Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First College Exam

Well, like most people I feel I have pretty much bombed my first real college exam. No matter how confident I felt answering the questions on the review, I left the classroom feeling as if I were a dog running out of the room with my tail in between my legs. That exam was nothing that I would have expected to encounter. I spent the last week studying and reviewing. I looked up concepts I did not know, read through the material, and revised my notes. In the end, What do I get? A big ol' feeling of failure. I wish I could magically have known the questions on the exam. I guess the biggest disappointment is that I have spent more time trying to review my material for this exam than any other exam I have taken in my entire life. I didn't even study for the SAT which was the test score that gave me guaranteed admission into the university. So, yeah I am upset. Anyway, now that I try to look back I figured that in the end no matter how much you actually study it comes down to two possibilities of an outcome. You either definitely know the material  or you don't have the slightest clue as to what is being asked and therefore will fail miserably. I wish I could have felt confident on this exam so I could continue the semester feeling confident. I now feel like for the rest of the semester I am going to have to play catch up just to pass. I guess it being a subject that I don't really care about just makes it worse. The only reason I am taking it is because it is a prerequisite for the next classes I need to take to obtain my major. I am only just beginning my majors requirements and already feel like I am a failure. At least my class with the principals of my major I feel I am successful in already. I understand that prerequisites are important in having success but they sure are a pain when you have to sit through the class. When your in the class knowing that you are being held back from furthering your interest in the field you are pursuing. Although I feel like I am already behind, I know in the end I will catch up. This is the first of my ten semesters I will spend finishing my degree. I just have learned that all the studying in the world sometimes doesn't truly help.

picturesof.net

No comments:

Post a Comment