Wednesday, November 2, 2011

College Causes Lack of Sleep

When I look around in class I can tell that all the students around me are tired. The deprived students are lacking both mental and physical awareness. At the beginning of the semester all the students were full of emotion and they burst with opinions and openness. Now, everybody goes from point a to point b and reluctantly do the steps to get to the next point. I personally have been feeling the impact of the lack of sleep. At first I started the semester and felt as if I had plenty of time and I could handle even more classes than I had signed up for. Wow was I wrong. Now I am busy the basic 8 to 5 normal work schedule and that is only the physical appearance of work and classes. Homework is an entirely additional issue that engulfs me at times. Somehow I have been able to manage and not get behind on any of the task at hand. Mentally I am drained and counting down the days to the next break. The type of time management skills that I have been taught in my freshman experience program have helped. I find myself looking for these techniques to help me survive. Before College I never would have got caught writing down and scheduling my day. Now I can't go another day of the week until I view my planner to prep me for the day. I have already had to experience alot of the skills I will need in the real world after school and I am glad I am learning all these skills now because I rather have an easier tomorrow. Overall, I am weak and tired from the lack of sleep but I am at this point getting my act together to achieve all my work. Five years in college seems like a long time and I can only imagine what I will look like and how tired I will be then but I know it will be better off in the long run. Maintaining time sounds like such a simple concept but this concept is alot easier said then actually follow through with the plans that you set for yourself. I also think that alot of the reason that students have been dropping out is because they can't keep up with the time requirements. It is sad to see that all these people are having to give up an opportunity because of a tough simplistic concept. All I know is it will get alot worse before it gets better. Glad caffeine exist!

universitylifecafe.org

No comments:

Post a Comment