Sunday, November 13, 2011

Signing up for Spring semester

At last finally I am coming down to the end of my first semester in college. I thought it was going to be so easy and just an extension of highschool. However, that wasn't the case for me. I have been told by my friends at other colleges that it is just an extention of highschool. In my experience I am now aware of a full load of school. I feel that I have grown as a person to the point where I am very succesful at time managment and prioritizing. When I first started the semester I was one of those students dragging in and coming into class the last second possible. Well, Im not saying that the scenario described will never become to describe me again , but I did learn that it isn't the most accurate way of achieving what you want. College is more than the educational experience it is the entire growing up process. I didnt expect for college to change my point of view all together but the further I get engulfed into the world I learned to be different. I have recently accepted the reality that for the next five years fall, spring, and summer courses. I know that it will be a very challenging road to get to the end but the end result will give me justice. Highschool does not aware you of the real reality of college. In fact , they actually try to avoid the positives of college lifestyles and only let you know the bad aspects. They only tell you that wont make it in college. They are mean professors in college. I haven't seen mean or horrifying experiences with professors yet. Yes, they are challenging but if I can make it then all incoming freshman can. It is only a matter of self initiative and caring enough to put all your effort into the task that you are wishing to pursue. Back to my original point, I have made it throughout the first semester and to this point looks like I am going to recieve credit in all the classes I started out pursuing. College life will make you realize that there are a million plus things to do in life. The reality is however, you only got the ability to pursue one at a time and stressing out won't get you anywhere. My advice to an incoming freshman would be don't get overwhelmed and take it day by day to recieve the greatest results.

netfiles.uiuc.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment