Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Drop or not to drop?

Well one of the largest decisions that can come of your freshman year I feel is the day that you have to decide whether to drop a course or continue enrollment. I am a little afraid on my decision of continuing my class but I think I will somehow pull it off. I mean a 73 with a decent grade curve makes me feel like I'll survive. The class I am struggling so hard with is Economics. The material itself isn't extremely hard but the work that goes into learning his way of thinking is exhausting. The last exam that I took in my economics class I felt as if I just aced it and there was no way that I could have failed. Well, reality caught up with me and turned out I actually did fail my exam pretty bad too. In high school the lowest I ever got on a test or exam was a 85 and I thought that was devastating but now I look at it differently. I am so depressed and feel like I am worthless and drop out but know that wouldn't get me anywhere. I don't think I would be able to face my family back home that I am unable to manage a college lifestyle. It would devastate me too to have to go up to them and tell them. At this point I can't drop without having a negative weight pulled down so from this point on I have to study even harder. I guess the best way to look at this altogether is so far my second exams are improving so I plan to continue that and hopefully raise my grades to where I am somewhat satisfied. All I know is that I am continuing to learn what it really takes to survive freshman year in college. Just when you think you have learned all you need to know to survive you get challenged with another obstacle. I'm not sure if it's the freshman year or it carries on to the years to come but I am willing to stand up to the challenge. One of my biggest concerns is also sustaining my scholarship and I can't stand losing my financial aid. When I was at orientation grades and time management was expressed repeatedly but now I am seeing the importance of all it influences. To me besides emotion and pride finances hit hard. Most college students don't have money and neither do I so I need to get myself in gear and catch up with necessities to make sure I stay at this university and making sure I keep my scholarship.

ntc.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment