Monday, October 24, 2011

Why take classes that arent important?

Accounting happens to be my major and that isn't my problem. All the courses I am forced to take outside of my degree plan are my problem. The classes that incorporate straight accounting I have an A in. However the classes that have nothing to do with the degree I have a C in. I thought that since they were required but not my certain degree that those classes should be a blow off but yeah right. Those are the classes that cause me so many problems and are driving me up the wall. The professors outside of my degree plan all act like they are helping me and I'm sure one day I will incorporate the necessities of the class but as of right now they are a pain. I mean if its hurting me more than benefiting me as far as academic scoring goes then why take it at all. I much rather jump into record keeping, better understanding excel or learning new accounting software that I always hear about. Instead I am bummed out learning other unrelated topics sitting in classes that no accounting majors are seen in. Well at least it seems like none other than me are stuck in these classes. I am glad that I am at a liberal arts education that I am able to become well rounded at and at least it seems like I already have became more well rounded. As much as it annoys me and I want to jump into the more necessary classes I understand that it is easier said then accomplished. I am considering taking some summer courses to try to get out of the university as soon as possible. I am really ready to get into the full workforce. I keep getting told that these are the best days of my life and to embrace the current time and enjoy live it up. I just don't feel like this time era is where I am going to be at my highest thrill. I am looking forward to working and getting my life started. I won't be totally happy until I am able to sit back on a large ranch, nice home  and a lot of animals knowing that all that I am surrounded with happens to be what I am working so hard to get. Having all that I ever wanted will make this all worth it. By knowing that I wont allow myself to give up I am confident that I will be successful in college. In addition I am using that as my inspiration to continue and appreciate what I am doing to get to my future oasis.

unifiedmanufacturing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment